Holly interviews longtime friend, Theresa Rose, VP of thought leadership with C-Suite Network. She started as a contributer there and in 2019 they offered her a position with the company.
Theresa Rose official bio states that she is a nationally-acclaimed motivational speaker, award-winning author, high performance coach, and standup comedian. Her latest book, Mindful Performance: How to Powerfully Impact Profitability, Productivity, and Purpose, is a practical how-to book on mindfulness that helps readers become more present and powerful at work, at home, and all day long.
Theresa’s soul bio states: I am a…Mindfulness “Expert”. Energizer Bunny*. Standup Comedian. Productivity Nerd. Content Crystallizer. Award-winning Writer. Fearless Dancer.
Questions they explore are:
- What are some of the practices that you lean on?
- What do you tell people how to get past the “woo woo”?
- How you are navigating the “Fear Wave”?
Theresa’s book, Mindful Performance, guides readers with solid, everyday practices to follow to become more mindful in day to day actions.
- “Start with the breath” is her go to strategy.
- “Outcome Energization” – see in your mind what you want to come to fruition. Create the day you want in your head in the morning to set the tone of the day.
- “Gratitude Rant” – Theresa is not a journaler so she speaks her gratitude aloud to get herself back to a place of higher vibration.
- “New Choice” – when you find yourself less than optimal, what is the new choice you can make?
- “Emotional Audit” – Looking at the facts of the current scenario, recognizing what’s happening, and uplevel it by a little bit. Constantly bring yourself back to awareness.
For those who shy away from “woo woo,” Theresa suggests to Google “mindfulness” and look for the leaders, high end athletes, military members, education and entertainment to find those who are using highly effective focus tools that will help you make more money!
Take one step back as the observer when the fear wave hits. It’s important to be able to just see what’s happening and tap into a self care tool kit, whatever that entails (essential oil, going for a walk, etc.)
Lean into each other in times of stress, take a look at each other and see our humanity and empathy. Do anything that reminds us of our unity. Try to laugh!
We are all navigating awkward. When you don’t know what to say – say, “I don’t know what to say right not but I hear you and I’m here for you.” We’ve been offered the tools to get through life and now we are in the lab. We get to decide how we’re going to do it.
Shower your brilliance out into the world! Take a breath, speak some gratitude, visualize as you move forward.